1. How did you get interested in jewelry as a medium and what is your favorite part about it?
I have always enjoyed having a creative outlet outside of classes and sports to use as a stress reliever. I really got into jewelry specifically when I started my first co-op. I had a lot of free time to start exploring.
2. Growing up, how were you influenced to create art? Does anyone in your family work in a creative field?
Art class was always something I looked forward to back in high school. It was a fun social and productive environment. Once I chose art class over a Spanish class there was no going back. I loved testing my creative ability. Also, My father is an architect so I always felt like I had something creative going for me.
3. Has architecture/interior design influenced how you design at all?
Yes, 100%. I've grown up going to job sites with my dad and hanging out in his office because he worked at home.
4. If you weren't doing something creative, what field would you want to work in?
Just from watching Grey’s Anatomy and not knowing anything else about medicine, I would be a surgeon (but not really because I’m not good under tremendous pressure)
5. What are some things you like to do to get inspired?
I am a Pinterest fiend when it comes to finding inspiration. Next best is magazine hunting.
6. What are other forms of art you enjoy doing?
I enjoy doing nail art. It was a strange hobby of mine that I happened upon in high school. Everyone looked at me for having a new nail design every week.