1. Tell us about yourself/how did you start making art?
Grew up with my grandma as a docent at the Taft Museum / had childhood cancer (a lot of time in bed) started to make art because of those circumstances.
2. Has DAAP had any influence on the way that you create art?
DAAP (my professors) has had a huge influence on the way I make art / create art. Practically and philosophically. Noel Anderson my printmaking professor was a major influence.
3. If you could go to dinner with any designer/artist, who would it be and why?
I would go to dinner with Aaron Draplin.
4. What would you be doing if you didn't decide to pursue a creative field?
I would be playing music in a band, does that count? If not, I'd be public speaking.
5. Do you have any advice/words of encouragement for people who want to start their own businesses in design?
Be humble / know that failure is always an option.
6. What do you love most about the maker community?
It's sorta crazy how much adrenaline gets generated from deciding to create personal works of art and craft...
7. What are some things you like to do to get inspired?
Camping / driving / church / watching sports.